Like the eyecandy? 😀 It seemed a fitting image to go with my healthgoals. I failed miserably so I’m trying to stay positive here…
February is the month I like least every year. Winters are long here and February is dark, cold and just generally not enjoyable. I tend to sleep more in the winter, I suppose many people do. I rarely feel like rolling out of bed before 11:00… it’s awful. Copper doesn’t seem to mind 😉
I had an interview last week with an airline and I’m still waiting to hear back. I had a short phone interview and a longer group interview which was quite fun, actually probably the most enjoyable interview I’ve ever had! Afterwards I was told to wait 2-3 weeks and I have no idea how it went. The only other position I interviewed for, that I wanted, was about 9 months ago. Both interviews back then went well too and I didn’t get the job so I’m not sure how to feel this time around. I applied on the recommendation of a girl I know that works there and was able to give a reference letter and relevant references… I think I did alright at the group interview but then again… I’ve felt that way before.
There aren’t many jobs around here that I can apply to so it’s frustrating. If this position doesn’t end up being for me it might be some time again before the next opening comes along. The waiting is agonizing.
It’s kind of odd not knowing where I’ll be 6 months from now. Between job-hunting and having no idea where I’ll end up and my plans to sell the house and to rent… there are so many variables. I’d like to just know it all NOW… but I don’t and I can’t so I keep moving forward one thing at a time. I think the most frustrating part of it all is that my income has dipped so much that it’s hard to save. I made $1,887 in February and yes, I’ve cut my spending. But I find it difficult not to feel cheated somehow, I’m not unhappy, I’m really perfectly comfortable since I want for nothing… but it’s in my nature to brood and plot and plan and to want to get ahead so having to wait for a job, an income increase.. .it’s very hard! All these variables make things grey, unknown.
My networth increased this month, mostly due to very little spending. I moved from $54,338.41 to 54,864.80, a modest increase of $526.39. 🙂 Hopefully I’ll get back up to $55k before April. It will be a while before I push past October, 2013’s networth again but it is good to break my dropping-networth streak of four months. I also cancelled my healtinsurance effective March 1, it wasn’t making sense given that there is provincial healthcare and considering what my package covered vs the ever-increasing prices.
Moving on; February versus the plans I made for it.
1. Continue to track my sleeping patterns. Fail. The exact same as last month, but I barely tracked. I don’t think very much changed. I’ve been spending more time in bed, sleeping the same amount and probably waking up just as much.
- 2. Increase my step average to average out to 9,000 steps per day over the course of the year. Fail. I have been a lazy butt. On the plus side I have been working more on developing a product for another family business which should increase my income in the future.
- 3. Lose 5 lbs and keep them off by December 13th. Fail. My jeans still don’t fit me. I need motivation. Any ideas? Even my fitbit isn’t cutting it lately.
1. Save a $10k emergency fund. Fail. I contributed barely $100. Unless I find a way to make more than $5k EXTRA between now and September 1st, 10k just isn’t happening.
2. Finish and sell my house by the end of the year. In progress.
3. Get rid of stuff. In progress. This goal was called: “Finish digitizing all my files that are able to be digitized.” Initially I was only focused on office files but there’s so much more crap in my life I don’t need.
Other financial goals
1. RSP balance of $3,000. In progess. This one is just going to keep trucking along. I contribute $60 monthly (split 35/25) I’m on target to end up above 3k just with my contributions alone. 🙂
2. Cuba/hot vacation/spring vacation, $1,200. Done! Out of pocket $844.50 for 7 nights, 6 days in Cuba in a few weeks! I need to set aside a few hundred in cash for spending money now.
3. Short camping trip funded out of pocket in July. Longer world-trip in August/September. In progress. Not a lot to say here other than that I’m dreaming away… what can and can’t happen with this depends entirely on the family business project I’m working on and also on whether or not I end up with a job and if I do if I will be allowed the time off. Again, much variables.
4. A networth of $70,000. In progress. I have $15,135.20 to gain to be able to hit this target, I DID pay off my student line of credit in the span of one year which was slightly more than this, however I was earning more at that time and my bills were slightly lower due to living with my ex. Then again I could land an amazing job, find a pot of gold, get rich through some other obscure method… who knows.
On to March! Spring is coming! HUZZAH!~