That’s right, that’s right. It’s my birthday! 26, shazam! And no I didn’t hold off on writing this post until today so I could announce that…. well, maybe a little. 😉 I was spoiled with beautiful roses, a sweet card, chocolates, a few other goodies and some money for a clothing store.
Alright, so for half of September I was off globetrotting. My total trip expenses including the ticket (I had free lodging with friends & fam, and a few free meals) was about $1,786. I also had some huge renovation expenses in September (more pics later this week!) even though I had all those expenses I still tried to stick to somewhat of a budget.
My financial goals for September were;
1. Make a $100 mortgage prepayment – Success! How I managed to do this along with spending handfuls of money is beyond me.
2. Make a minimum payment of $100 on my student loan – Fail. I owe something like $5,600 in student debt still
3. Work on my eating out, clothing and blow money spending. Pass I spent $169.01 on a few last minute trip-related items, a shirt, two sweaters a pair of heels and some random items like socks. I spent $121.41 on eating out, half of that was one fancy meal with my girlfriends and my blow money spending was $162.42. A bit on the high side but it’s all coming down from recent months so I’m giving myself a pass on this one.
For October I would like to achieve the following:
1. Make a $100 mortgage prepayment, a staple in my monthly planning. I have prepaid $910 so far this year, every penny counts!
2. $20 clothing budget: I have a $30 giftcard that I received for my birthday with which I want to buy a pair of dress pants. I bought a nice pair a few months ago, wore them once… then my butt got smaller and they don’t fit anymore. Boourns! The same pair is on sale for $30ish so I’m going to pick those up with another tanktop this week.
3. $150 blow money
4. $500 on my student loan and if possible I’d like to get that puppy below $5,000 once and for all this month
That’s it for me for September, how’s your monthly planning coming along?