As promised today’s post kicks off my fitness challenge that started yesterday, but I was too busy to write up a post! Oops, well, better late than never… getting healthy is ALWAYS a good thing! Perhaps starting it off on this beautiful Sunday afternoon will bode well for the rest of the challenge.
Hey! If you’re new here – please subscribe to this blog by filling in your email in the sidebar -> I’m also on Twitter, you can subscribe to my twitter feed here! You’ll get updates as they’re posted without having to come check in daily, pretty easy right!?
As mentioned in a post earlier this week, I’m doing some getting my ass in shape and possibly some losing of weight, in that order! I’m challenging YOU to get fit with me. Set a goal and go for it! Care to join me?
This fitness challenge will run from July 23 until August 20.
I’ll be weighing in on Saturdays (You can pick your own day if you like) and I will post here on my progress every Saturday as well. My main goal with this fitness challenge is to increase my stamina and get my butt in shape with the Couch-to-5k program. Secondary to that, on August 20 I plan to weigh 149pounds, that’s 6 pounds from what I weighed on July 23,*gasp* yes I just told you what I weigh! 🙂
Increase strength & stamina as measured by moving along in the C25K program and lose 6 pounds, or 1.whatever pounds per week. I’m not going to do that just by dieting because that’s lame and I’ve got some actual fitness goals to reach here;
– run the c25k 3x weekly
– Spend 30 mins cycling weekly
– Swim 1x weekly
– Watch nutrition 5-6 days a week, 1 junk day allowed.
So, who’s with me? I’ve got my own goals to reach and I am challenging you to set a few of your own to be reached by August 20. It can be losing weight or perhaps you are interested in starting the C25K as well. Anything goes. Set a goal, write about it and check back in next Saturday! You can do up your own post and link back so I can list you here or leave something in the comments. =) Let’s see how far we can go!
Also doing the challenge:
– Spender’s Broke who is doing a Warrior dash on Sept 17th… WOW, that looks intense and awesome! She’s set up a program to train for this.
– Serendipity who is hoping to pick up some healthy habits (me too girl, me too!)
– Travis Pizel from Our Journey to Zero who’s participating in not one, but two challenges, I’d wish him luck but I don’t think he needs it 😉 since he’s been doing soooo awesome already!
– Jackie from the Debt Myth wants to increase her time spent in the pool
Good luck everyone!