This month went by seriously fast. I guess I’ve been pretty busy with taking two courses at the university, somehow staying on top of things at work (just got a nasty email, ugh) and keeping on top of my finances and personal life. I dropped the ball on my finances this month, BIG time.
These were my goals for May:
– $400 Blow money FAIL I spent more like $623.52 on myself, that’s WAY way more than I should have. Granted, I bought a few things I sortof needed, but they could have waited. Like, did I really need new underwear this month when I was already buying kayaking stuff? Not really.
– $950+ Student Loan FAIL I only put a fraction on my student loan this month, around $200. This one isn’t entirely my fault. . I accidentally paid my property tax 3 weeks early, they were due in June not May. That ‘cost’ me $214 in debt repayment this month, but then on top of that I blew it in the blow money category (pun intended) Stupid me!
– $195 grocery budget SUCCESS! I spent $175.08 on groceries, I had one week where my stomach was so queasy because I basically was an emotional wreck, so I didn’t want to go near food or shop for it. Saved me some money I guess!
I have mixed feelings about the past month: The big picture isn’t too bad, my net worth went up by $700+ and I lived within my means. However I consider this probably my worst month since I started budgeting last October because I just failed miserably in so many categories. I spent way too much on myself and I still have a vacation coming up and a ton of other stuff to do this summer! I think a portion of my spending was emotional, my best friend moved away and we had quite a few social occasions before she left. It was a difficult month.
Goals for June:
– $300 Blow Money, must get this back under control, NOW
– $0 Grocery budget – that’s right! I have $200 in air miles gift-certificates sitting in my wallet, that’s all I’m allowing myself to spend on groceries this month
– $900 Student Loan (May change depending on what happens with my mortgage situation)
– $20,650 Net Worth as of July 1
– Isle de la Madeleine; Have a brilliant little vacation and pay for it all cash in the last week of the month
Well, that’s how my month went… how about yours?